Our Phones have not been working since 29th September after a car crash damaged the telegraph pole - BT will not be able to fix the problem until October 11th please use the contact form, contact us by email or phone us on 0751 8044263 for bookings.
EXCLUSIVELY FOR CATS - OPEN ALL YEAR
Tiger Barn Cattery is located in peaceful rural surroundings close to Castle Cary, Somerset.
Our purpose-built accommodation is within easy reach of Shepton Mallet, Glastonbury and Yeovil in the hamlet of Lovington, just outside Castle Cary.
We are a small husband and wife run Cattery. We provide personal individual care and one of us will often stay in the cattery in the evenings for play and to keep them company.
Our priority is the care of the cats and to make sure their stay with us at Lovington is relaxed and stress-free.
We can arrange a Pick Up and Delivery service. We can only achieve this outside of our normal opening hours and details and prices can be provided upon request.
About the Cattery
The cats' chalets are made of painted wood and fully enclosed to protect our guests from the elements.
Each chalet has an enclosed penthouse sleeping facility which is fully insulated with a heating radiator in each sleeping compartment.
The chalets are split level, with connecting ladder, so that your cat has plenty of room to stretch and exercise.
We have several double/triple/quad chalets enabling two or more cats from the same home to be housed together.
Beds and toys are provided, but if your cat has their own bed and/or toys, please bring them along as this will help your cat to settle in.
During colder weather radiators are provided and all our cats are given a snugglesafe™ heating pad during the day and before bed to curl up with resulting in a 24 hour heated bed and sleeping area.
All cats are fed twice a day with high quality wet and dry food.
The current selections are a full range of James Wellbeloved dry food which everyone loves with Royal Canin Exigent as an alternative for fussy eaters, but we also carry Go Cat, IAMS and Purina ONE just in case. Our standard wet food ranges are Whiskas and Felix 'as good as it looks' pouches including the senior and kitten varieties. We also have a wide range of tins, pouches, jellies and gravies including Gourmet Perle and Sheba so we can try to match your cat's home diet.
You're also welcome to bring in any specialist food with you. Kittens, older cats and specific diets can be arranged according to need.
HOW TO CHOOSE A CATTERY
What should you be looking for when choosing a cattery?
If you want to compare catteries, don't just choose on the price.
- Perhaps there are winter heating surcharges
- Maybe there are fines for out of hours pick ups
- Extra charges for medicating
- Basic grooming care like daily brushing could be an add-on!
When you view the cattery
- Are the owners interested in your cat and showing you around?
- Is every cat approachable by the proprietors?
- Do the proprietors know their cats?
- Is the environment calm and are the cats content?
- Are the empty rooms full of climbing towers, furniture, toys and soft furnishings? No responsible cattery would provide any climbing towers or chairs. Once a toy is touched by a single cat, it must be disposed of. When a room has clutter on the floor, the room can't be cleaned properly. If there are climbing towers, they can't be adequately disinfected between guests so your cat will be exposed to millions of bacteria and viruses left by every previous guest. If your cat needs scratching posts, rugs or pillows, you must insist on bringing your own,
When you're interviewing the cattery owners, do they
- Exude confidence?
- Express enthusiasm?
- Give you peace of mind?
Find out if there are any restrictive hours:
- Not open on Sundays, half day Saturdays or a midweek day closed?
- Closing for part of the year affects you if you ski or like to enjoy the Caribbean during the winter months
- Are there shut downs for annual maintenance?
What are the right questions to ask when choosing a cattery?
Ask about food.
We keep a huge selection of cat food in stock to cover most tastes & requirements. Including Royal Canin Exigent, Sheba and Gourmet.
Our cats are individuals, but although Whiskas, Felix and James Wellbeloved are the most popular brands with our guests, just tell us what you feed your cat and we'll try to match what they eat at home.
Ask about insurance.
We buy the best insurance available, which includes cover for vet fees while your cat is with us. With our cover, you won't face a vet's bill after your holiday and you won't pay the excess on your own pet insurance policy. (Pre-existing conditions cannot be insured).
Having this kind of insurance means there'll be no delay in seeing your OWN vet if we believe the situation warrants it.
Ask about litter.
We buy dust free clay based fullers earth type litter.
It's easy to clean, clumps well and destroys odours almost immediately and the cats love scrubbling about with it.
We also keep in the paper pellet type litter. Cleanliness is an issue for some cats and it's easier to use paper litter for older cats.
Ask about experience.
Before we bought this cattery, we'd had years of experience volunteering in different welfare situations with cats. Not just in the UK, but also abroad.
Everything we learned we've tried to put into practice. We run our cattery for the cats.